- The Red Herring - Fremantle - This is a pretty restaurant in a picturesque location. Its a bit of a trip to get to it but if you like having a nice meal overlooking a nice expanse of water this is something you will enjoy. This place has had mixed responses from people, and we were aware of this when we went. However, we found the food to be very good. Sir had the beer battered bronze whaler fillets and M'Lady had crispy skinned fresh salmon. Then, tempted, we had the Chefs Reccommendation - Assitte of Desserts to Share - which was great and impressive all in one. The service was prompt but not overpowering and the food was tasty and well presented - and the quantities were good too! Its worth the trip - especially if its at sunset.
- Greenhouse - Perth - This place is so trendy and popular these days and its easy to see why. There are some very interesting tapas like plates to share and the place is jumping with activity, but in the end it didn't really win us over. Greenhouse is busy and crowded - in fact you're crammed in. The food can be interesting - some of it - but the servings aren't generous (even for tapas - or tapas like dishes). We had the recommended number of dishes for our group and left quite hungry.
- Ruocco's Pizzeria e Ristorante - Fremantle - Great traditional Italian food in a friendly atmosphere. A favourite of ours after just one visit and a place we will certainly go back to. The pasta was al dente and the sauces were fresh and tasty. Desserts were tempting enough to still have even on a pretty full stomach! Looking forward to trying a few more dishes next time.
- Miss Maudes - Perth - A solid but not spectacular smorgasbord. Reasonable variety and reasonably priced.
- Korner Cafe - Perth - Fairly routine quick and cheap Asian restaurant. The service was quick - at the counter. We both had a different laksa and they were both excellent - extremely filling, plenty of goodies in them and cheap as chips. We'd go there again for a quick meal. Don't expect fine dining - you wont get it - but it's good food and very good value. Its BYO too and there's a bottle shop very close by.
- Botanical Cafe - Perth (in Kings Park) - Pleasant cafe in a fantastic location. The breakfasts were good without being great. We couldn't complain but wouldn't rave about them. If you want a coffee and cake for morning tea on a visit to the park then stop here - but for a meal there are probably better options.
Sir and M'Lady Dine Out a lot - and right across Australia. We know what we like and don't like. We are prepared to try restaurants and share our views. We recognise that not everyone likes the same things (even we don't between the two of us) and not every experience at a restaurant is the same - we all want different things. We have one of Australia's fastest growing diverse restaurant blogs.
Short/Sharp: Perth/Fremantle Places Visited
Some of the places: