Welcome

Sir and M'Lady Dine Out a lot - and right across Australia. We know what we like and don't like. We are prepared to try restaurants and share our views. We recognise that not everyone likes the same things (even we don't between the two of us) and not every experience at a restaurant is the same - we all want different things. We have one of Australia's fastest growing diverse restaurant blogs.

Sunday, 29 July 2012

JEAN PIERRE SANCHO - PERTH CBD

Jean Pierre Sancho
878 Hay St
Perth CBD

Its a high benchmark when a place advertises that its been "voted Australia's best bakery". In fact this is printed on their bags, serviettes - basically everything. The real question was - is it really that good? Well it certainly was nice - but the best is alwe\ays hard to tell.
I ordered a croissant and a coffee. The croissant was straight - not an Aussie horseshoe style - which was good. It had a really nice flavour, the pastry was nice and flaky and it was a decent size too.
I couldn't resist one of these sugar brioche rolls. I loved the smaller version of these in Paris and the larger one was really nice too - not as good as the French ones but good. At only $1.90 it was reasonably priced too.
I have to confess that I love a good palmier. So when I saw these large ones here I had to get one to go. Later when I had time to eat it I discovered it was very nice. Light and flaky with a great syrupy texture to it.
They serve a decent cup of coffee here as well. Nice flavours, good in every way.
Jean Pierre Sancho is a really good bakery. Is it the best in Australia - obviously it is for a lot of people. I cant agree or disagree - but I can say that the food there was very good.













Jean Pierre Sancho on Hay Street on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment